You asked and we delivered!
If you are like many Michiganders you are probably wondering when you will receive your MCCA Refund and how much your refund will be. Here is what we know:
1. Insurance Companies will disperse the MCCA Refund by May 9th, 2022. This means they will be mailed by this date.
2. Your MCCA Refund will be distributed via check or direct deposit to your account. Each insurance company will handle the situation differently so stay tuned for more information from your insurance company.
3. According to DIFS “The MCCA has announced that the refund will be $400 per eligible car or motorcycle. For example, if you had auto insurance policies for two cars as of 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2021, you will receive a refund of $800. The refund is $80 per historical vehicle.”
4. Other vehicles that could be eligible for the refund are: private passenger vehicles, motorcycles, motor homes, commercial vehicles and fleet vehicles that were insured on October 31, 2021.
5. If you have additional question please visit: Department of Insurance and Financial Affairs.